The Cleveland Browns are looking for win No. 5 today in Pittsburgh, to match the five players they placed on the Pro Bowl roster.
Cornerback Joe Haden (pictured) shut down many of the league’s top receivers this year to become the team’s Pro Bowl representative on defense.
Four members of the offense made the Pro Bowl squad: wide receiver Josh Gordon, tight end Jordan Cameron, left tackle Joe Thomas and center Alex Mack.
Safety T.J. Ward was named as an alternate, so the Browns could end up with six Pro Bowlers.
The timing is perfect for Mack, who is heading into free agency. Whether he returns to the Browns next year or not, he will be paid in full.
Obviously, something doesn’t add up if the Browns have five Pro Bowlers and only four wins. The team needs a solid quarterback, a running game, and help on the defensive front seven in order to translate these great individual performances into team victories.
Teams like the Steelers, Packers and Patriots stockpile talent for years to become consistent winners. The Browns will have to keep waiting and making the right moves.
Prediction: Steelers 31, Browns 14.
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns: Preview and Prediction
- Cleveland Browns: Beating the Pittsburgh Steelers is Never Easy
- What are the Cleveland Browns Playing for Against the Pittsburgh Steelers?
- Cleveland Browns Postmortem: What Went Wrong Against the Pittsburgh Steelers?
- Cleveland Browns Vs. Minnesota Vikings: Preview and Prediction
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/161b