Instead of holding the ball for a 29-yard Billy Cundiff field goal later in the first half against the Minnesota Vikings, Lanning tossed the ball toward the sideline. Jordan Cameron was standing there all alone, and he took the ball in for an 11-yard touchdown.
Lanning also did Cundiff’s job after the Browns’ kicker left the game with an injury. Lanning booted an extra point with 51 seconds left after Brian Hoyer’s decisive touchdown pass to Cameron.
In addition, Lanning excelled at his own job. He punted five times for a 46.8-yard average, placing the Vikings inside their own 20-yard line on two occasions.
Lanning, who played in college at the University of South Carolina, is enjoying his first regular-season NFL action. After failing to stick with the Bears in 2011 and the Jaguars in 2012, he beat out T.J. Conley for the Browns job in the preseason.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Cleveland Browns Celebration: What Went Right Vs. the Minnesota Vikings
- Brian Hoyer Leads Cleveland Browns Past Chicago Bears 18-16
- Cleveland Browns Beat St. Louis Rams 27-19 in Preseason Opener
- Cleveland Browns Banged up in Preseason Win Over Detroit Lions
- Finding the Positives in the Cleveland Browns’ Loss to Indianapolis Colts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11dg