When the 2014 Major League Baseball All-Star Game rosters were revealed Sunday evening it was a pleasant surprise to see that the Cincinnati Reds would have four participants in the Mid-Summer Classic. Pitchers Johnny Cueto and Aroldis Chapman along with position players Todd Frazier and Devin Mesoraco will represent the organization on July 15th at Target Field.
"We've had some challenges early in the year, but we're playing well. We've had some guys that have had excellent seasons," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "We've got some guys who haven't been named for the club that I hope will get some consideration if there's room on the roster with injuries or issues with starting pitching. It was great for me, personally, but certainly impactful and a great moment for the players involved."
- National League All-Star Voting; Cincinnati Reds are Looking up at Leaders
- Country Star Jason Aldean Announces Great American Ballpark as Summer Tour Site
- Time is Running Out for Devin Mesoraco and Brandon Phillips Chance at All-Star Nod
- Cincinnati Reds First Baseman Joey Votto Set for Rehab Assignment Starting Sunday
- Two Cincinnati Reds Minor Leaguers Named to MLB Futures Game Set for July 13th
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1csi