The Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Jake Arrieta had a perfect game through six innings before Billy Hamilton singled to lead off the seventh inning, but the Cubs went on to take down the Cincinnati Reds by a score of 7-3 in front of a home crowd at Wrigley Field.
Reds starter Homer Bailey looked equally good for the first few innings retiring the first 11 batters before allowing a a solo home run to Anthony Rizzo in the bottom of the fourth inning. He allowed another earned run in the fifth when Welington Castillo doubled to right.
"I just kind of lost command there a little bit," Bailey said. "That's all that it boils down to."
- Devin Mesoraco’s Ninth Inning Grand Slam Caps Five Run Ninth as Cincinnati Reds Top Chicago Cubs 6-1
- Cincinnati Reds Break up Perfect Game in Eighth, Comeback Falls Just Short in 4-3 Loss
- Billy Hamilton Collects Two RBI’s in 8-4 Loss to Oakland Athletics
- Alfredo Simon Has Rough Start, Chicago Cubs Thump Cincinnati Reds 9-0
- Quality Start from Alfredo Simon Help Cincinnati Reds Take Down Chicago Cubs at Wrigley
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cf7