The 26-year old right hander has already gone through several days of a long-toss program that has had him throwing at or around 100 feet.
"I set a goal of the end of next week to start throwing at 100 feet and I've surpassed that today," said Latos following a workout on Sunday. "All in all, today was the best day that I've had. I had been doing my exercises and strengthening stuff, but I wasn't able to actually get out and interact with the guys. This was a huge positive to be able to go out there and throw and run and the other stuff."
While his actual return date is still unknown, sources believe he will be ready to go before the beginning of the season. The Reds will have their first Spring Training action this Wednesday when they take on the Cleveland Indians, which is scheduled to begin at 3:05 EST.
- Mat Latos Begins Spring Training with Minor Procedure on Knee
- Pitcher Jeff Francis and Cincinnati Reds Agree to Minor League Deal
- Cincinnati Reds and Pitcher Chien-Ming Wang Agree to Minor League Deal
- Mat Latos Will Be Unavailable for Tuesday’s Wild Card Game with Elbow Soreness
- Mat Latos Has Surgery to Remove Bone Chips in Elbow
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18l2