He injured the knee while taking part in a long toss session earlier in the week. Reds general manager Walt Jocketty addressed the media of his injury on Friday
"He felt something, and they looked at it," Jocketty said. "He came in the next day and saw there was probably an issue."
Team medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek performed the procedure after an MRI revealed the injury.
While it seems the injury is very minor, it is unclear whether or not Latos will be available for the time being, or even when Opening Day falls on March 31. Luckily for the Reds, they added plenty of depth in the offseason including Chien-Ming Wang or Jeff Francis but it will be a tossup as to whether they will get the opportunity.
- Cincinnati Reds Remain Quiet, Will There Be Any Noise Before Spring Training?
- Cincinnati Reds Spring Training: Some Intriguing Questions
- Pitcher Jeff Francis and Cincinnati Reds Agree to Minor League Deal
- Veteran Roger Bernadina and Cincinnati Reds Agree to Minor League Deal
- Cincinnati Reds Minor Leaguers Showcase Talent in Arizona Fall League
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18aj