In a series in which the Cincinnati Reds needed to take at least two of three from the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Reds got off to a less than stellar start after a 4-1 loss Friday night.
"We had a couple of threats there. They were followed by double plays," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "We might have gotten a little over anxious."
Pirates starter A.J. Burnett continue his string of good performances against the Reds with an eight inning outing giving up five hits and striking out six. He struck out 12 in his last outing against Cincinnati.
"You see the man go out there and not just compete, but pretty much dominate, through eight innings," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said, "and it sparks everybody. That's what we're looking for."
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Solo Home Runs Lift Mike Leake and the Cincinnati Reds Past the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-1
- Cincinnati Reds Ninth Inning Rally Leads to Big Win Over Pittsburgh Pirates, 6-5
- Mike Leake Throws Six Scoreless as Cincinnati Reds Blanks Pittsburgh Pirates for Second Consecutive Night
- Cincinnati Reds Unable to Sweep Pittsburgh Pirates, Lose 5-4 in 11 Innings
- Cincinnati Reds Top Pittsburgh Pirates 6-0 as Johnny Cueto Goes Eight Innings Allowing One Hit
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11mf