1. Jorge Soler hit two home runs in the Chicago Cubs 7-2 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. Soler joins Javier Baez this season in hitting hit three home runs in his first three games in the big leagues; both hit one in their debut and two in their third game.
2. Chicago Cubs reliever, Justin Grimm struck out four batters in the ninth inning to end the game last night. In doing so, Grimm became the first Cub to strike out four in one inning since Ryan Dempster did on October 5, 2009. A pitcher has recorded 4 strikeouts in one inning 73 times (per Al Yellon).
· Subscribe to Sports Media 101 on Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Al Yellon, Baseball, Chicago, Chicago Cubs, Javier Baez, Jorge Soler, Justin Grimm, MLB, Ryan Dempster, St. Louis Cardinals
- Chicago Cubs Fact Pack, August 28th
- Chicago Cubs Fact Pack: August 27th
- Chicago Cubs Fact Pack, August 29th
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f30