1. Last night the Kane County Cougars (A) set a new franchise record by winning their 89th game of the summer. The old mark of 88 was set back in 2001 when the team was affiliated with the (then) Florida Marlins and featured 11 eventual major leaguers, including Adrian Gonzalez (1B), Miguel Cabrera (1B/3B), Josh Willingham (OF), and Vladimir Nuñez (CP). Read more HERE.
2. Yesterday the Cincinnati Reds stole 6 bases off of John Baker and the Chicago Cubs’ pitching staff. It was an impressive show but still a ways away from the MLB record. Per baseball-almanac.com, the New York Giants stole 17 bases in a game against the Pittsburgh Pirates on May 23rd, 1890.
· Subscribe to Sports Media 101 on Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Chicago Cubs Fact Pack, August 28th
- Chicago Cubs Fact Pack: August 27th
- All-Star Weekend Fact of the Day
- Despite Loss, Jackson Off to a Good Start in August
- Chicago Cubs’ First Half Report Card
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f1k