BREAKING NEWS: There are a number of (potential) roster moves happening now for the Chicago Cubs. Relief pitcher, Kyuji Fujikawa has been activated from the 60-day disabled list and will be available for tonight's game against the Colorado Rockies. Fujikawa, 34, is recovering from Tommy John Surgery and has surrendered just one earned run in 11.2 innings during his rehab with the AZL Cubs (RK), Kane County Cougars (A) and Iowa Cubs (AAA).
In order to clear roster space the Cubs have designated OF Nate Schierholtz for assignment. After a career year in 2013, Schierholtz has put the worst season of his career, hitting just .192 with six home runs in 313 at bats. (per Jeff Todd of MLB Trade Rumors)
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Breaking News: Cubs to Acquire Doubront
- Likely on the Move; Breaking Down the Odds for Each Cubs’ Outfielder
- Breaking Down the Chicago Cubs’ Blockbuster Deal
- Baez Moves to 2B & Bryant is Forcing His Way to the MLB
- Breaking Down Arismendy Alcantara’s First Two Weeks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e8p