Breaking New: Former Chicago Cubs' second baseman Darwin Barney, who was designated for assignment earlier in the week, has been acquired by the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Cubs will receive a player to be named later as part of the deal.
Barney hit .230 in 217 plate appearances for the Cubs this spring and was just beginning to shake off his ice-cold start but due to the emergence of Arismendy Alcantara and the return of Emilio Bonifacio from the disabled list, there was simply no room for Barney on the roster.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Arismendy Alcantara, Baseball, Chicago, Chicago Cubs, Cubs, Darwin Barney, Emilio Bonifacio, Los Angeles Dodgers, MLB, player to be named later
- Chicago Cubs Designate Darwin Barney for Assignment
- No Love for Darwin Barney in Chicago
- Likely on the Move; Breaking Down the Odds for Each Cubs’ Outfielder
- Cubs That Need to Go, Part 3
- Chicago Cubs Trade Central: Who’s Going Next?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dvk