The Chicago Cubs 2014 first round draft pick, Kyle Schwarber, is back in the news today. After destroying the pitching at (A-) Boise and (A) Kane County, Schwarber has earned his second promotion of the summer began playing for (A+) Daytona earlier this week. Schwarber now joins top prospects Albert Almora, Billy McKinney and Dan Vogelbach in what may be the most dangerous lineup in the Florida State League.
Here are Schwarber’s final stats at A- and A this year:
Kane County (A)
It is still unclear how the Cubs’ plan to use Schwarber if/when he makes it to the major leagues as he is still splitting time between leftfield and catcher (has played 11 games at both positions this year). He played his fist game for the Daytona Cubs in leftfield.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- “Slumping”: Update on Chicago Cubs 2014 1st Round Pick
- Prospect Update: Chicago Cubs’ Catchers Can Crush
- Cubs’ 1st Round Pick is a Monster, Promoted to A
- New Guys on the Farm: Russell, Straily & McKinney
- Chicks Dig the Long Ball: Kris Bryant Update
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dir