Chicago Cubs’ second baseman Arismendy Alcantara went 0-4 in his major league debut but he had one heck of a game last night. Alcantara went 4-5 with three RBI and two runs scored in the Cubs’ extra-inning win against the Cincinnati Reds. With Darwin Barney coming off the paternity list today, it was expected that the Cubs would option Alcantara back to AAA Iowa but management has changed their mind. Alcantara’s performance, in which he fell a home run shy of the cycle, has earned him a spot on the big league roster for the time being. In his stead, Kyle Hendricks will report back to AAA.
Per Carrie Muskat, Alcantara will bat leadoff for the Cubs today and play second base. As a leadoff man for the Iowa Cubs this season, Alcantara’s on base percentage was .400, according to Jesse Rogers.
Arismendy Alcantara, Baseball, Chicago, Chicago Cubs, Darwin Barney, Iowa Cubs, Kyle Hendricks, MLB
- Cubs’ Prospect Alcantara to Make MLB Debut Tonight
- Cubs’ Minor League Spotlight: Arismendy Alcantara
- New Faces in the Chicago Cubs’ Rotation
- Chicago Cubs’ Ghosts of Prospects Past
- Getting to Know Chicago Cubs Starting Pitcher Dallas Beeler
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1d7z