San Diego Padres' Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn has passed away at the age of 54. Gwynn had been battling salivary gland cancer. Tony Gwynn was one of the best pure hitters in recent memory, leading the league in average in eight different seasons, including his 1994 campaign in which he hit a staggering .394. In his 20 year career, all with the Padres, Gwynn amassed 3,141 hits, good for 19th all-time.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Gwynn family.Tags: Baseball, Chicago, Chicago Cubs, MLB, san diego padres, San Diego State, Tony Gwynn
- The Cubs 3rd Base Problem: Mike Olt… Ugh
- No Love for Darwin Barney in Chicago
- When Will Kris Bryant Be Called Up?
- Cubs Begin Shopping Samardzija and Hammel
- What to Make of Welington Castillo
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c3i