Per Robert Channick of the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Cubs have signed a long-term deal with WBBM-AM 780 to broadcast Cubs games starting next season. The team's current radio deal is with WGN, who has been the radio-home of the Cubs for the past 90 years. The reason behind the switch is said to be a significant drop in ratings over the past two season, most likely influenced by the teams particularly poor performance over that span. The Cubs have yet to comment publicly, but are expected to make an official announcement later today.
- Jose Veras Designated for Assignment by Chicago Cubs
- Cubs Need to Sell High on Samardzija
- Manny Ramirez Joins the Chicago Cubs as AAA Player-Coach
- Cubs That Need to Go, Part 2
- Cubs That Need to Go, Part 1
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1boq