NBA TV’s Matt Winer is reporting Derrick Rose may not play tonight, calling Rose a "game time decision" in Team USA’s exhibition against the Dominican Republic on NBA TV in Madison Square Garden. An earlier report from George Ofman from CBS Chicago also had brought attention to the possibility Rose would miss tonight’s game.
George Ofman (@georgeofman) August 20, 2014
After reports yesterday being a mixed bag of sorts – later on in the day official word confirmed Rose was indeed suffering from soreness in his knees. But Rose missing a game altogether is of much bigger significance than some expected soreness.
Again, it’s only August. So if there’s a time to be safe, cautious, and extremely delicate with Rose, it’s now. Not to jump to anything further than what we know, but questions of whether Rose should be playing with Team USA or not will likely start to fester if he misses the game tonight.
Derrick Rose will not play tonight. Staff wants to give him an extra day.— John Schuhmann (@johnschuhmann) August 20, 2014
More updates to come, follow here at Bulls101 or @Bulls_101 on Twitter.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Report: Derrick Rose to Be Starter in Team USA First Exhibition Game
- Derrick Rose Sits Out Team USA Practices, Unlikely to Start in Exhibition
- Rose, Thibodeau Represent Chicago as Part of Team USA Tonight on ESPN
- Derrick Rose Looks Like Derrick Rose at Team USA Camp, This Shouldn’t Surprise You
- Team USA Showcase Will Broadcasted Live on ESPN Tonight
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1er0