Consistent with the cleverness and source for a quality advertisement, Foot Locker teams Houston Rocket James Harden with NBA Hall-of-Famers Charles Barkley and former Chicago Bull Scottie Pippen in its most recent commercial. In the closing moments of the ad, Barkley asks Pippen to reassure the up-and-comer Harden that a “short memory” is the most important asset a great player can possess.
Pippen response to Barkley validates Chuck’s point by having Pippen proclaim to be the greatest Chicago Bull of all time. Of course, the joke of it all is that Michael Jordan is the greatest Chicago Bull and basketball player of all time.
Clearly, Pippen’s intentionally being ironic and the commercial continues the recent string of awesome ads produced by Foot Locker. Pippen, who has made news on a few occasions since entering retirement for comments pertaining to Michael Jordan’s legacy, delivers an appropriate laugh to defuse any potential rift between the two.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Chicago Bulls: Team Interested in Free Agent Point Guard Aaron Brooks
- Euroleague Star Nikola Mirotic Isn’t Just a Shooter, but It’s What the Chicago Bulls Need Most
- Chicago Bulls: the Backup Center Dynamic
- Cameron Bairstow and Chicago Bulls Agree to Deal
- The Summer League Splash Bros, Chicago Bulls’ Doug McDermott and Tony Snell Receive All-NBA Summer League First Team Honors
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e8k