One night after a legitimate beatdown at the hands of the Los Angeles Clippers, and less than a week after blowing a 14 point fourth quarter lead against the Phoenix Suns, the Chicago Bulls lost again, falling to 5-5 on the year.
Three things have now become clear:
1) The bench is pretty much trash.
The Bulls led by seven, 30-23, after a quarter of play. They trailed by eight at halftime. The bench unit started the second quarter. These things are related.
2) Joakim Noah is amazing.
16 points, 15 rebounds, 8 assists. He did everything in his power to give the Bulls the win and couldn't.
3) The Bulls need shooting like an addict needs a hit.
The Bulls are dead last in the league in threes made and attempted per game, and it's not close. They're 25th in percentage. Marco Belinelli has actually been decent from three this year — although he's been bad at everything else — but Luol Deng, Rip Hamilton, Kirk Hinrich and company can't make anything from outside. And it's killing the offense down the stretch. Kyle Korver is sorely missed right now.
Player o' the Game: Joakim Noah.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Chicago Bulls (5-4) at Portland Trailblazers (4-5) Preview: Podcast Style
- Chicago Bulls 93, Sacramento Kings 87: You Always Remember Your First (But I’d Just as Soon Forget)
- Chicago Bulls 112, Phoenix Suns 106 (OT): Let’s Try This Again
- Boston Celtics 101, Chicago Bulls 95: Skill of the Irish
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mzj