When Canada took the ice against Austria on Friday, they were without one of the three Chicago Blackhawks on the roster. Forward Patrick Sharp was listed as a healthy scratch, despite having a decent game on Thursday against Norway. Sharp, who is tied for sixth in goals (28) and ninth in points (58), has been one of the best offensive players in the NHL this season.
I tell him he's not playing. He doesn't ask me why. It's good he doesn't ask me why. I don't have a reason why.
No good reason for Sharp to sit but to give an opportunity to other players like Matt Duchene. It's not necessarily something Sharp did wrong. Babcock has a hard job in distributing playing time and he is trying to be fair to the whole team.
Sharp will be in the lineup on Sunday against Finland and one has to think that being scratched against Austria will make him fired up. He is one of the best goal scorers in the NHL and Canada may need him to score against a talented Finland team.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
- Early Line Combinations for Team Canada Have Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp Together
- Will Steven Stamkos’ Injury Benefit Chicago Blackhawks Forward Patrick Sharp?
- Happy 32nd Birthday to Chicago Blackhawks Forward Patrick Sharp!
- Play of the Year Candidate: Patrick Sharp to Jonathan Toews
- Patrick Sharp Scores Three Times as Chicago Blackhawks Defeat New Jersey Devils 5-3
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18a0