The Chicago Blackhawks squared off against the Anaheim Ducks in a Western Conference battle Wednesday night and once again it was the Blackhawks who came out on top. Both teams had their chances on the offensive end, but couldn't convert early on as the goalies were keeping their teams in the game. Marian Hossa would open the scoring in the second period for the Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews would seal the victory in the third as the Blackhawks went on to defeat the Ducks 2-0.
The Blackhawks move to 35-10-14 with the win and have now won two in a row and three of their last four. The Ducks fall to 40-14-5 and have lost three straight games. The Ducks lead the Blackhawks by one point for the Western Conference lead.
00:39 CHI GOAL: Marian Hossa (24) assisted by Patrick Sharp and Michal Rozsival
17:29 CHI GOAL: Jonathan Toews (19) assisted by Marian Hossa
Here are some notes from the game:
- Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford stopped all 29 shots he faced as he picked up his first shutout of the season.
- Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller allowed two goals on 25 shots as he was handed the loss.
- The Blackhawks killed off all five of the Ducks' power plays and blocked 22 shots.
- Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa extended his point streak to five games, recording seven points during that stretch.
- Ducks forward Corey Perry, who sits sixth in the NHL with 59 points, has now gone three straight games without a point.
NEXT GAME: Friday, February 7 @ Phoenix Coyotes. 8 pm. CT start.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
- Chicago Blackhawks Put an End to Anaheim Ducks’ Eight Game Winning Streak
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Anaheim Ducks
- Anaheim Ducks (36-8-5) at Chicago Blackhawks (30-8-11)
- Anaheim Ducks (18-7-5) at Chicago Blackhawks (20-6-4)
- Can the Chicago Blackhawks Slow Down the Red Hot Anaheim Ducks?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17ts