The Chicago Blackhawks dominated the Colorado Avalanche offensively on Tuesday night, but to no avail. Avalanche goaltender Semyon Varlamov stopped 48 of the 50 shots he faced on the night, helping the Avalanche steal the victory. The Blackhawks fall to 30-8-11 on the season are are 1-1-3 in their last five games. The Avalanche move to 29-12-5 with the win and have won two straight and three of their last four.
14:58 COL GOAL: Tyson Barrie (4) assisted by Ryan Wilson and John Mitchell
16:00 COL PPG: Ryan O'Reilly (17) assisted by Nick Holden and Jamie McGinn
04:09 COL PPG: Tyson Barrie 2 (5) assisted by Matt Duchene
Here are some notes from the game:
- Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie scored two goals on the night and now has four points in three games against the Blackhawks this season.
- Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw has now scored goals in back to back games since being move to the second line. Forward Brandon Saad has three points over his last two games.
- Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford allowed three goals on 26 shots. Crawford has not won since November 29 and is winless in his last eight games.
- Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson left the game in the third period with a back injury and did not return.
- Patrick Sharp registered nine shots for the Blackhawks, but none were put past Varlamov. Sharp continues to fire pucks at the net as he ranks second in the league with 196 shots this season.
NEXT GAME: Friday, January 17 vs Anaheim Ducks. 7 pm. CT
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101Tags: ANAHEIM DUCKS, Andrew Shaw, AVALANCHE, Blackhawks, BRANDON SAAD, Chicago, Chicago Blackhawks, COLORADO AVALANCHE, COREY CRAWFORD, ERIK JOHNSON, Hockey, NHL, SEMYON VARLAMOV, TYSON BARRIE