After losing in a shootout last night, the Chicago Blackhawks bounced back and defeated the New Jersey Devils 5-3. The Blackhawks are now 6-0-3 in their last nine and move to 29-7-8 on the season. The Devils fall to 17-17-8 and see their two game winning streak come to an end. The Blackhawks sweep the season series between the teams.
01:34 CHI GOAL: Patrick Sharp (23) assisted by Jonathan Toews
02:17 NJD GOAL: Andy Greene (7) assisted by Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier
01:30 CHI GOAL: Brandon Saad (15) assisted by Patrick Kane and Brent Seabrook
07:09 NJD GOAL: Marek Zidlicky (6) assisted by Andrei Loktionov and Reid Boucher
13:37 NJD PPG: Marek Zidlicky 2 (7) assisted by Eric Gelinas and Adam Henrique
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- After a scoreless first period, the teams unleashed their offense scoring two goals in the second period and combining for six goals in the third.
- Patrick Sharp led the way for the Blackhawks as he netted his second hat trick in five games. Sharp now leads the team with 25 goals and has nine goals over his last six games.
- Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith recorded three assists on the night. Keith now ranks third in the NHL with 39 assists.
- Marian Hossa finally found the back of the net for the Blackhawks after failing to score in his previous seven games.
- Blackhawks goaltender Antti Raanta stopped 24 of 27 shots as he picked up the win.
- Devils defenseman Marek Zidlicky scored twice on the night. It's the second time this season that Zidlicky has scored two goals in a game. All three Devils goals came from defensemen.
NEXT GAME: Sunday, January 5 vs. San Jose Sharks. 7 pm. CT.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16bu