The Chicago Blackhawks are on the second night of a back-to-back as they are in New Jersey to take on the Devils. The Blackhawks are coming off a 3-2 shootout loss against the New York Islanders last night and are 3-0-2 in their last five games. The Devils are on a two game winning streak, winning both games by a score of 2-1. This is the second and final meeting between the two teams. The Blackhawks won the first meeting 5-2 on December 23 in Chicago.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Blackhawks are 22-0-5 when the score first. They fell down 2-0 last night to the Islanders and can't afford to do that again tonight.
- The Blackhawks have six players with 30 or more points. The Devils have one player over 25 points.
- Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp had two goals in the first meeting between the teams. Sharp has six goals and two assists over his last five games.
- Devils forward Patrik Elias will be out of the lineup tonight as he is day-to-day with an injury. Elias is second on the team with 25 points.
- The Devils activated forward Ryan Carter off of injured reserve today and he will play tonight. Carter has been out of the lineup since November 30 with a knee injury.
Battle Between The Pipes
Chicago Blackhawks: TBA
The Blackhawks haven't announced their starter for tonight's game but one has to expect it would be Antti Raanta. Crawford just returned from injury last night and the team will probably want to ease him back into action. Raanta is 10-1-3 on the season with a 2.21 goals against average and a .913 save percentage. He picked up his first career shutout against the Los Angeles Kings on December 30.
Even at the age of 41, Brodeur continues to be solid in net for the Devils. He is 4-0-1 in his last five games, allowing eight goals. Brodeur has three shutouts on the season and has allowed just one goal five different times. Brodeur has the most goaltender wins (681) and shutouts (124) in NHL history.
Players To Watch
Chicago Blackhawks: Forward, Marian Hossa: 14 G, 20 A, 34 P
Hossa is tied for fourth on the team in goals and fifth on the team in points. He has 10 points over his last 10 games, but has been held without a point in his last two. He will try to get back on the stat sheet tonight as the Blackhawks look to rebound.
Jagr leads the Devils in goals, assists and points and has been one of the few bright spots for the team this season. The 41 year old forward from Czech Republic still continues to impress despite being one of the league's oldest players. He has been solid over the last month, but has failed to register a point in three of his last four games.
Shaw has only recorded one point over his last nine games after previously embarking on a five-game point streak. Even though he has been held off the scoreboard, he has found other ways to affect the game with his physical play. Shaw needs just one goal and one assist to tie his rookie season totals in goals, assists, and points.
Henrique has scored a goal in three straight games for the Devils. He is on pace to set a career-high in goals, but has a long way to go to match his rookie season points total of 51. Henrique is a talented forward in his third year in the league, trying to break out to the next level.
Tonight's game starts at 6 pm. CT.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16bg