On the night they produced their lowest goal output of the season, the Chicago Blackhawks still came away with the victory as they defeated the Los Angeles Kings 1-0. It wasn't the type of game that Blackhawks fans were used to, but it's nice to see the team pull out the win in a low scoring battle. The Blackhawks have now won three of their last four and move to 28-7-7 on the season. The Kings have dropped three in a row and fall to 25-11-4.
07:05 CHI GOAL: Brandon Saad (14) assisted by Bryan Bickell and Duncan Keith
Here are some notes from the game:
- Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane saw his 14-game point streak come to an end as he failed to register a point on the evening.
- Duncan Keith now has seven assists in his last four games for the Blackhawks and 36 assists on the season.
- Kings goaltender Martin Jones stopped 29 of the 30 shots he faced on the night but it wasn't enough to give his team the win.
The Blackhawks started 2013 with a streak and end 2013 with a streak. Let's hope that 2014 is just as exciting and successful for this Blackhawks team.
NEXT GAME: Thursday, January 2 @ New York Islanders
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
- Chicago Blackhawks End Several Streaks in 3-1 Victory Over the Los Angeles Kings
- Los Angeles Kings (25-10-4) at Chicago Blackhawks (27-7-7)
- Duncan Keith Vs. Brent Seabrook- Who’s One Step Closer to a Career in the NFL?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/162z