The Chicago Blackhawks led the St. Louis Blues 5-3 Saturday night with just over four minutes to play, but that didn't faze the Blues at all. Due to some turnovers and a penalty, the Blues scored two quick goals and tied the game up to force overtime. After overtime wasn't enough, the teams headed to a shootout where the Blues came out on top in the fifth round. The Blues have now won the first three meetings between the teams, each by one goal. The Blackhawks fall to 27-7-7 with the shootout loss, while the Blues move to 25-7-5 with the win.
09:55 CHI PPG: Andrew Shaw (11) assisted by Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith
14:04 STL GOAL: Maxim Lapierre (4) assisted by Carlo Colaiacovo and Ian Cole
07:47 STL GOAL: Dmitrij Jaskin (1) assisted by Jay Bouwmeester and Chris Porter
17:46 CHI GOAL: Brandon Saad (13) assisted by Ben Smith and Marcus Kruger
01:06 CHI GOAL: Brent Seabrook (4) assisted by Patrick Kane
16:09 STL GOAL: Vladimir Tarasenko (12) assisted by Alex Pietrangelo and Ian Cole
17:26 STL PPG: Patrik Berglund (4) assisted by Vladimir Tarasenko and Kevin Shattenkirk
Here are some notes from the game:
- Patrick Kane extended his point streak to 14 games. He now has 25 points during that stretch.
- Patrick Sharp also continued his hot play, scoring his sixth goal in the last three games. Sharp has 12 goals and six assists in the month of December.
- With two assists in the game, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews now has 15 points over his last 10 games.
- Blackhawks goalie Antti Raanta had a rough outing, allowing five goals on 25 shots. He also allowed three goals on five attempts in the shootout.
- Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak was pulled after the first period. Halak allowed three goals on 13 shots. Brian Elliott came in for Halak and picked up the win, stopping 17 of the 19 shots he faced. He also stopped three of five shooters in the shootout.
- Vladimir Tarasenko led the way for the Blues with three points. Jaden Schwartz scored a goal in his fourth straight game.
- The Blues are now 11-0-1 against the Central Division this season.
NEXT GAME: Monday, December 30 vs. Los Angeles Kings. 7 pm. CT.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
- Chicago Blackhawks Score Four Unanswered Goals, Win 5-2 Over Dallas Stars
- Chicago Blackhawks (27-7-6) at St. Louis Blues (24-7-5)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1614