On the day he turned 32 years old, Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp scored three goals and added one assist as the Blackhawks dominated the Colorado Avalanche 7-2. The Blackhawks have now won three of their last four and even up the season series against the Avalanche. This is the 17th time this season that the Blackhawks have scored five or more goals. With the win, the Blackhawks move to 27-7-6 and lead the NHL with 60 points. The Avalanche fall to 23-11-3 with the loss.
12:27 CHI GOAL: Patrick Sharp (19) assisted by Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook
18:03 CHI GOAL: Jonathan Toews (14) assisted by Marian Hossa and Niklas Hjalmarsson
00:27 CHI GOAL: Patrick Sharp 3 (21) assisted by Niklas Hjalmarsson and Jonathan Toews
08:21 CHI GOAL: Jonathan Toews 2 (15) assisted by Patrick Sharp
09:07 COL GOAL: Paul Stastny (11) assisted by Gabriel Landeskog and PA Parenteau
13:30 CHI GOAL: Michal Handzus (4) assisted by Patrick Kane and Kris Versteeg
17:48 CHI GOAL: Kris Versteeg (8) assisted by Duncan Keith and Michal Handzus
07:37 COL GOAL: Gabriel Landeskog (11) assisted by PA Parenteau
Here are some notes from the game:
- Patrick Sharp and Jonathan Toews led the way for the Blackhawks, each recording four points. Sharp now has 11 goals in the month of December. He also has 16 points over his last nine games. Toews finally found the back of the net after only scoring once in his previous 14 games.
- Patrick Kane extended his point streak to 13 games with an assist in the second period. This is Kane's longest point streak of his career.
- Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith recorded three assists on the evening. Keith did a great job moving the puck and putting his teammates in the best position to score.
- Avalanche goaltender J.S. Giguere was pulled after two periods. He allowed seven goals on 24 shots. Semyon Varlamov came in for Giguere and stopped all 13 shots he faced. Antti Raanta stopped 15 of 17 shots for the Blackhawks.
- Avalanche forward Paul Stastny also scored on his birthday with a goal in the second period.
- Gabriel Landeskog and PA Parenteau each recorded two points for the Avalanche.
NEXT GAME: Saturday, December 28 @ St. Louis Blues. 7 pm. CT.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101Tags: ANTTI RAANTA, AVALANCHE, Blackhawks, Chicago, Chicago Blackhawks, COLORADO AVALANCHE, DUNCAN KEITH, GABRIEL LANDESKOG, Hockey, J.S. GIGUERE, JONATHAN TOEWS, NHL, PATRICK KANE, PATRICK SHARP, PAUL STASTNY