The Chicago Blackhawks headed into the Christmas break on the right foot, dominating the New Jersey Devils in nearly every aspect of the game en route to the 5-2 win Monday night. The Blackhawks out-shot the Devils 37-12, won 38-18 in the face off circle and won the special teams battle. With the win, the Blackhawks move to 26-7-6, while the Devils fall to 15-16-7 with the loss.
12:59 CHI GOAL: Patrick Sharp (17) assisted by Marian Hossa and Jonathan Toews
05:37 NJD GOAL: Stephen Gionta (2) assisted by Jonathon Merrill and Jacob Josefson
07:57 CHI GOAL: Patrick Kane (22) assisted by Nick Leddy and Kris Versteeg
12:27 CHI GOAL: Bryan Bickell (6) assisted by Brandon Saad and Duncan Keith
00:59 NJD GOAL: Michael Ryder (11) unassisted
05:54 CHI GOAL: Patrick Sharp 2 (18) assisted by Marian Hossa and Brent Seabrook
12:59 CHI PPG: Nick Leddy (5) assisted by Brent Seabrook and Brandon Saad
Here are some notes from the game:
- Patrick Kane extended his point streak to 12 games with a goal in the second period. Kane has 21 points during his current point streak and 49 points on the season.
- The Blackhawks had five players record two points. They continue to get strong production throughout the entire lineup.
- Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp now has seven goals over his last eight games.
- Goaltender Antti Raanta picked up another win for the Blackhawks, stopping 10 of the 12 shots he faced. Devils goaltender Cory Schneider allowed five goals on 37 shots.
- Devils forward Jaromir Jagr saw his seven-game point streak come to an end. Jagr still sits two points back of Mario Lemieux for seventh all-time in points.
NEXT GAME: Friday, December 27 vs. Colorado Avalanche. 7 pm. CT
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
- New Jersey Devils (15-15-7) at Chicago Blackhawks (25-7-6)
- Chicago Blackhawks Defeat Nashville Predators 3-1
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Vancouver Canucks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15wl