The Chicago Blackhawks led 2-0 at one point, but the Vancouver Canucks battled back to force overtime. When overtime wasn't enough to settle the winner, the teams headed to a shootout where it was Ryan Kesler beating Antti Raanta in the eighth round to seal the Canucks victory. The Blackhawks fall to 25-7-6 with the loss, while the Canucks move to 21-11-6 with the win.
07:49 CHI GOAL: Kris Versteeg (7) assisted by Patrick Kane and Michal Handzus
04:57 CHI GOAL: Patrick Kane (21) assisted by Michal Rozsival and Johnny Oduya
08:19 VAN GOAL: Zach Kassian (9) assisted by Jason Garrison
Here are some notes from the game:
- Both teams were 0/4 on the power play. The Blackhawks had scored a power play goal in 10 straight games prior to failing to do so Friday night.
- Patrick Kane extended his point streak to 11 games with a goal and an assist. Kane now has 20 points during that stretch and 48 points on the season.
- Antti Raanta stopped 22 of 24 shots for the Blackhawks and stopped six of eight Canuck shooters in the shootout.
- Eddie Lack stopped 24 of the 26 shots he faced and stopped seven of eight shots in the shootout.
NEXT GAME: Monday, December 23 vs. New Jersey Devils. 7 pm. CT
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
- Chicago Blackhawks Score Twice in Nine Seconds to Defeat Vancouver Canucks 2-1
- Vancouver Canucks (20-11-6) at Chicago Blackhawks (25-7-5)
- Chicago Blackhawks (15-4-4) at Vancouver Canucks (12-8-4)
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Anaheim Ducks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15tc