After getting dominated the night before, the Chicago Blackhawks bounced back and handed the Los Angeles Kings a 3-1 loss Sunday night. The win was great for the Blackhawks, but the loss meant a lot more to the Kings. It was the first time in 19 games that the Kings allowed more than two goals in a game. It was also the first time in 19 games that they had allowed a first period goal. It was a night of ending streaks as the Kings' six game winning streak came to an end, while the Blackhawks one game skid came to an end. The Blackhawks move to 24-7-5 with the win, while the Kings fall to 22-8-4 with the loss.
05:45 CHI SHG: Marian Hossa (14) assisted by Jonathan Toews and Niklas Hjalmarsson
09:59 CHI GOAL: Kris Versteeg (6) assisted by Patrick Kane and Brent Seabrook
19:31 CHI PPG: Patrick Sharp (16) assisted by Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith
16:06 LAK GOAL: Alec Martinez (2) assisted by Matt Greene and Jordan Nolan
Here are some notes from the game:
- Blackhawks Head Coach Joel Quenneville picked up his 684th career NHL win, tying him with Pat Quinn for fourth all-time. Scotty Bowman stands alone in first with 1,244 wins.
- Goalie Antti Raanta bounced back after a rough outing the night before by stopping 21 of 22 shots for the Blackhawks.
- Patrick Kane extended his point streak to nine games, recording 17 points over that stretch.
- Kings goalie Ben Scrivens stopped 37 of 40 shots in the loss for the Kings. Scrivens leads the NHL in save percentage (.941) and shutouts (3).
- The Kings went 0-3 on the power play and allowed a short-handed goal as the first goal of the game.
NEXT GAME: Tuesday, December 17 @ Nashville Predators. 7 pm. CT.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
- Chicago Blackhawks Score Three in Third to Seal 5-1 Victory Over San Jose Sharks
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 6-2 Victory Over Dallas Stars
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 5-1 Victory Over Edmonton Oilers
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 6-2 Victory Over Florida Panthers, Lose Corey Crawford to Injury
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15mk