The Chicago Blackhawks got a taste of their own medicine Saturday night as the Toronto Maple Leafs walked all over them en route to a 7-3 victory. The Blackhawks saw their three game winning streak come to an end thanks to Leafs forwards Joffrey Lupul and Mason Raymond. Both players recorded four points on the night, while Peter Holland had three of his own. The Blackhawks fall to 23-7-5 with the loss, while the Leafs move to 17-14-3 and end a three game skid.
16:14 CHI PPG: Patrick Kane (18) assisted by Marian Hossa and Duncan Keith
00:42 TOR GOAL: Jerry D'Amigo (1) assisted by Nikolai Kulemin and Carl Gunnarsson
13:30 CHI GOAL: Patrick Kane 2 (19) assisted by Niklas Hjalmarsson
14:36 TOR GOAL: Nikolai Kulemin (4) assisted by Jay McClement and Jerry D'Amigo
07:38 CHI GOAL: Brandon Saad (12) assisted by Nick Leddy and Jonathan Toews
08:35 TOR GOAL: Phil Kessel (17) assisted by Nazem Kadri and Carl Gunnarsson
Here are some notes from the game:
- Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane extended his point streak to eight games, recording 16 points over that stretch. Kane now has 44 points on the season and trails Sidney Crosby by two points for the league lead.
- Blackhawks goalie Antti Raanta had a rough outing as he allowed five goals on 25 shots. Raanta was pulled at the end of the second period. Rookie Kent Simpson came in for Raanta, marking his first appearance in the NHL. Simpson gave up a goal on the first shot he faced and allowed two goals on seven shots.
- The Leafs had six players with two or more points. 10 different players picked up at least one point.
- The Leafs did a good job of keeping the Blackhawks out of their zone and limiting their scoring chances. The Leafs also clogged the shooting lanes, blocking 23 shots.
NEXT GAME: Sunday, December 15 vs. Los Angeles Kings. 6 pm. CT.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks (23-6-5) at Toronto Maple Leafs (16-14-3)
- Toronto Maple Leafs (6-2-0) at Chicago Blackhawks (4-1-2)
- Chicago Blackhawks Spoil Dave Bolland’s Return, Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs 3-1
- Chicago Blackhawks Continue Offensive Outburst in 7-2 Beatdown Over the Philadelphia Flyers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15kk