The Chicago Blackhawks continued to find the back of the net in bunches Wednesday night as they poured seven on the Philadelphia Flyers in a 7-2 win. This is the third straight game that the Blackhawks have scored six or more goals, the first time in franchise history since 1993. With the win, the Blackhawks now move to 23-6-5 and sit atop the NHL with 51 points. The Flyers fall to 13-15-3 with the loss.
12:31 PHI PPG: Jakub Voracek (5) assisted by Kimmo Timonen and Claude Giroux
01:22 CHI GOAL: Andrew Shaw (10) assisted by Brandon Bollig and Johnny Oduya
05:27 CHI SHG: Michal Handzus (3) assisted by Marcus Kruger
06:11 PHI PPG: Steve Downie (3) assisted by Brayden Schenn and Mark Streit
09:44 CHI GOAL: Kris Versteeg (5) assisted by Brandon Saad and Marian Hossa
01:05 CHI GOAL: Brent Seabrook (3) assisted by Michal Handzus and Kris Versteeg
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Blackhawks scored five goals in the second period and seven goals in a span of less than 30 minutes. The Blackhawks had seven different goal scorers on the night.
- Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews has his left-pinky finger taped as he suffered an injury to it. He was not taking face offs late in the game out of precaution to the injury, but he expects it only to be a short-term thing.
- Blackhawks goalie Antti Raanta had another solid outing stopping 28 of the 30 shots he faced. The two goals he allowed came on the Flyers' power play.
- Former-Blackhawks goalie Ray Emery was the main recipient of the offensive outburst on the night. Emery allowed six goals on 18 shots. Emery was pulled late in the game in favor of Steve Mason. Mason allowed one goal on five shots.
- The Flyers have now lost three in a row and four of their last five.
NEXT GAME: Saturday, December 14 @ Toronto Maple Leafs. 6 pm. CT start.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Nashville Predators Defeat Chicago Blackhawks 7-2 in Offensive Outburst
- Chicago Blackhawks Score Four Unanswered Goals, Win 5-2 Over Dallas Stars
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 6-2 Victory Over Dallas Stars
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 6-2 Victory Over Florida Panthers, Lose Corey Crawford to Injury
- Chicago Blackhawks Score Three in Third to Defeat Winnipeg Jets 6-3
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15bw