The Chicago Blackhawks scored five goals in the first 31 minutes as they cruised to the 6-2 victory over the Dallas Stars. The Blackhawks have now won two games in a row and move to 22-6-5 on the season. The Stars have now lost two of their last three and fall to 14-10-5. The Blackhawks have now taken three of four games from the Stars this season. The last game in the season series will be played on March 25.
02:03 CHI GOAL: Michael Kostka (2) assisted by Marcus Kruger and Ben Smith
12:05 CHI GOAL: Patrick Kane (17) assisted by Brent Seabrook
02:46 CHI GOAL: Brandon Saad (10) assisted by Andrew Shaw and Michael Kostka
11:08 CHI GOAL: Patrick Sharp 2 (14) assisted by Duncan Keith and Jonathan Toews
13:36 DAL GOAL: Antoine Roussel (6) assisted by Ryan Garbutt and Dustin Jeffrey
19:41 DAL GOAL: Antoine Roussel 2 (7) assisted by Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Garbutt
Here are some notes from the game:
- Patrick Sharp and Brandon Saad each had two goals for the Blackhawks, while Patrick Kane led the way with three points.
- Blackhawks defenseman Michael Kostka made his return after breaking his foot earlier in the year. Kostka had one goal and one assist on the night.
- Antti Raanta stopped 27 of 29 shots for the Blackhawks and looked good doing it. Raanta is now the starter with Corey Crawford out about three weeks due to a lower-body injury.
- The Blackhawks penalty killing unit was once again at its best as they killed off all five of the Stars' power plays.
- Antoine Roussel continued his strong play against the Blackhawks as he netted two goals on the night. Roussel also had nine hits and 16 penalty minutes on the night as he was playing the role of the aggravator once again.
- Stars goaltender Kari Lehtonen allowed four goals on 19 shots before being pulled in the second period. Dan Ellis came into the game for Lehtonen and allowed two goals on 14 shots.
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, December 11 vs. Philadelphia Flyers. 7 pm. CT. start
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 4-3 to Dallas Stars in Return Home
- Chicago Blackhawks Score Four Unanswered Goals, Win 5-2 Over Dallas Stars
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 6-2 Victory Over Florida Panthers, Lose Corey Crawford to Injury
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 5-1 Victory Over Edmonton Oilers
- Chicago Blackhawks Outlast Dallas Stars in 11th Round of Shootout, Win 2-1
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1570