The Chicago Blackhawks got back into the win column Sunday night as they defeated the Florida Panthers 6-2. The high-scoring attack was back in effect for the Blackhawks, but that wasn't the story of the game. Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford left the game in the first period with a lower-body injury and did not return. His status is unknown but it did not look good as Crawford struggled to get to his feet. More will be revealed in the next few days concerning how long he will be out of the lineup. With the win, the Blackhawks move to 21-6-5, while the Panthers fall to 9-17-5.
09:11 CHI PPG: Brent Seabrook (2) assisted by Brandon Saad and Marian Hossa
00:37 CHI GOAL: Marian Hossa (13) assisted by Patrick Sharp and Jonathan Toews
04:05 FLA GOAL: Dylan Olsen (2) assisted by Tomas Kopecky and Erik Gudbranson
09:37 FLA GOAL: Marcel Goc (7) unassisted
17:26 CHI GOAL: Michal Handzus (2) assisted by Brent Seabrook and Patrick Kane
02:44 CHI PPG: Andrew Shaw (9) assisted by Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane
19:04 CHI GOAL: Brandon Saad (9) assisted by Jeremy Morin and Kris Versteeg
Here are some notes from the game:
- Corey Crawford stopped all four shots before leaving the game due to injury. Antti Raanta came in for Crawford and stopped 29 of 31 shots to gain the victory. Scott Clemmensen allowed six goals on 32 shots for the Panthers.
- The special teams were the difference maker for the Blackhawks tonight. They converted on three of their four power plays and killed off all five of Florida's power plays.
- Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp each had three points for the Blackhawks. Four other players picked up two points each.
- Blackhawks forward Kris Versteeg had one assist against his former team. Former-Blackhawks defenseman Dylan Olsen scored in the second period for the Panthers, while Jimmy Hayes was held scoreless.
- For a change, the Blackhawks led in the blocked shots category. They blocked 23 shots, while the Panthers blocked nine.
- Forward Tomas Fleischmann had a team-high five shots on net for the Panthers but couldn't get the puck past Antti Raanta.
NEXT GAME: Tuesday, December 10 @ Dallas Stars. 7:30 pm. CT start.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Florida Panthers (9-16-5) at Chicago Blackhawks (20-6-5)
- Chicago Blackhawks Cruise to 5-1 Victory Over Edmonton Oilers
- Chicago Blackhawks (5-1-2) at Florida Panthers (3-6-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks Score Three in Third to Seal 5-1 Victory Over San Jose Sharks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/153z