The Chicago Blackhawks failed to pick up a win for the third straight game as they lost 3-2 Friday night to the Anaheim Ducks. Three periods and overtime weren't enough for two of the NHL's top teams so they headed to a shootout to decide the winner. Jonathan Toews opened the scoring in the shootout for the Blackhawks, but none of his teammates could score. Nick Bonino and Kyle Palmieri scored in the shootout for the Ducks, giving them the victory on the night. With the loss, the Blackhawks fall to 20-6-5, while the Ducks move to 19-7-5. The Ducks now only trail the Blackhawks by two points for the Western Conference lead.
04:05 CHI GOAL: Ben Smith (4) assisted by Patrick Kane and Kris Versteeg
17:48 CHI PPG: Kris Versteeg (4) assisted by Marian Hossa and Brent Seabrook
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Ducks appeared to have won in the overtime period as the puck crossed the goal line. It has immediately waved off due to goaltender interference. However after watching the replay, it can easily be seen that Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook pushed the Ducks player into Antti Raanta. Needless to say the Blackhawks got away with that call but couldn't capitalize on it.
- Antti Raanta got his third career NHL start and his first start in Chicago. Raanta stopped 24 of the 26 shots he faced during the game, but looked terrible in the shootout.
- Ducks forward Ryan Getzlaf extended his point streak to 12-games. He now has 18 points over that stretch. Corey Perry extended his point streak to six-games, recording eight points.
NEXT GAME: Sunday, December 8 vs. Florida Panthers. 6 pm. CT start.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Anaheim Ducks (18-7-5) at Chicago Blackhawks (20-6-4)
- Chicago Blackhawks Lose 4-3 as They Fall to the Pittsburgh Penguins in a Shootout
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall to Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 in a Shootout, Make More Roster Cuts
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 3-2 in Shootout to St. Louis Blues
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 4-3 to Minnesota Wild, Drop Second Game in a Row
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/152g