The Chicago Blackhawks lost their second game in a row Thursday night as they fell 4-3 to the Minnesota Wild. The Wild led 2-0, but the Blackhawks scored three goals in less than seven minutes of game time to take a 3-2 lead. The Wild would then answer back by scoring two goals in less than four minutes late in the third period. With the loss, the Blackhawks fall to 20-6-4, while the Wild move to 17-8-5 with the win. The Wild also carry a 2-1 season series advantage over the Blackhawks with two more games to play.
04:23 MIN GOAL: Matt Cooke (5) assisted by Torrey Mitchell and Eric Haula
16:59 MIN PPG: Zach Parise (12) assisted by Dany Heatley and Jason Pominville
19:43 CHI GOAL: Jeremy Morin (1) assisted by Joakim Nordstrom and Patrick Kane
00:43 CHI GOAL: Brandon Saad (8) unassisted
06:35 CHI PPG: Marian Hossa (12) assisted by Kris Versteeg and Nick Leddy
14:21 MIN PPG: Jonas Brodin (5) assisted by Jared Spurgeon and Justin Fontaine
18:12 MIN GOAL: Marco Scandella (1) assisted by Jared Spurgeon and Charlie Coyle
Here are some notes from the game:
- Duncan Keith saw his eight-game point streak come to an end as he failed to pick up a point.
- Forward Jeremy Morin scored his first goal of the year for the Blackhawks on a redirection. Morin, who was called up on Wednesday, is in his second stint with the Blackhawks this season after being sent down earlier in the year.
- Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford stopped 19 of the 23 shots he faced, while Wild goalie Josh Harding stopped 16 of the 19 shots he faced. The Wild's defense did a great job of limiting the scoring chances for the Blackhawks.
- The Wild were 2-3 on the power play, including a game-tying goal late in the third period.
- With the win, the Wild improve to 13-0-3 when leading after two periods of play.
NEXT GAME: Friday, December 6 vs Anaheim Ducks. 7 pm. CT start
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Tags: Blackhawks, Chicago, Chicago Blackhawks, COREY CRAWFORD, DUNCAN KEITH, Hockey, JEREMY MORIN, JOSH HARDING, MARCO SCANDELLA, MINNESOTA WILD, NHL, WILD, ZACH PARISE