After a seven-game road trip, the Chicago Blackhawks were back home Tuesday night as they played host to the Dallas Stars. Despite the Blackhawks controlling the puck early, the Stars jumped out to a 3-0 lead. The Blackhawks would erase the three goal deficit in the second period and the teams headed to the third tied 3-3. In the third, it was a penalty shot by Antoine Roussel that sealed the deal for the Stars and gave them the victory. With the loss, the Blackhawks fall to 20-5-4 on the season, while the Stars move to 13-9-4 with the win.
13:47 DAL GOAL: Valeri Nichushkin (3) assisted by Cody Eakin and Jamie Benn
18:50 DAL PPG: Alex Chiasson (8) assisted by Alex Goligoski and Ray Whitney
03:07 DAL GOAL: Erik Cole (3) assisted by Valeri Nichushkin and Shawn Horcoff
16:09 CHI GOAL: Nick Leddy (3) assisted by Sheldon Brookbank and Patrick Kane
17:14 CHI GOAL: Marcus Kruger (4) assisted by Johnny Oduya and Patrick Kane
03:01 DAL GOAL – PS: Antoine Roussel (5) unassisted
Here are some notes from the game:
- The Blackhawks outshot the Stars 50-18 in the game, but couldn't capitalize on most of their chances. The Stars also blocked 25 Blackhawks shot attempts.
- Sharp's goal in the second period was his 200th as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Duncan Keith extended his point streak to eight games with an assist in the second period. He now has 10 points over that stretch and 25 points on the season. Keith is making a strong case thus far to win the Norris Trophy.
- Kari Lehtonen played fantastic for the Stars, stopping 47 of the 50 shots he faced. Corey Crawford only stopped 14 of 18 for the Blackhawks, but came up with some big saves late in the game to keep his team in it.
- Antoine Roussel may have become one of the most hated players in Chicago thanks to his performance last night. Roussel, who already made a bad impression last time the teams played, fought Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw and mocked the crowd after scoring on a penalty shot in the third period.
NEXT GAME: Thursday, December 5 @ Minnesota Wild. 7 pm. CT. start.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Tags: ANTOINE ROUSSEL, Blackhawks, Chicago, Chicago Blackhawks, COREY CRAWFORD, DALLAS STARS, DUNCAN KEITH, Hockey, KARI LEHTONEN, MINNESOTA WILD, NHL, PATRICK SHARP, STARS
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/14yk