The Chicago Blackhawks are back home where they will play host to the Calgary Flames tonight. The Blackhawks have won three games in a row and are coming off a 5-1 victory over the Winnipeg Jets last night. The Flames come into this game losing four of their last five.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Blackhawks have scored five or more goals in four of their last five games. The Flames have only scored five goals once this season.
- The Blackhawks are getting great offensive production from all four of their lines. It seems like a different line steps up each night and fills the stat sheet. Yesterday it was the fourth line leading the way, courtesy of Brandon Bollig and Marcus Kruger
- Although he didn't record a point yesterday in his hometown of Winnipeg, Jonathan Toews comes into this game with eight points in his last five games.
- Flames rookie forward Sean Monahan has been very impressive so far, scoring seven goals and adding four assists in 13 games.
- Forward Lance Bouma will be a healthy scratch for the Flames tonight. Tim Jackman will be inserted into the lineup.
- The Flames put goaltender Joey MacDonald on waivers Saturday. The team recalled Reto Berra.
Battle Between The Pipes
It hasn't been confirmed, but it looks like Crawford will get the start tonight against the Flames. After tonight's game, the Blackhawks are off until Wednesday and then don't play until Saturday, so it makes sense that Crawford will get the start. Crawford has been solid for the Blackhawks, only allowing one goal in each of his last three games.
Calgary Flames: Reto Berra (no games played)
Berra was recalled by the Flames on Saturday and will make his NHL debut tonight. The 26 year old goalie from Switzerland will have the tough task of going up against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Players To Watch
Sharp didn't have the start to the season he was hoping for, but he has four points in his last three games. Sharp is always a threat to score and will look to test Berra in his NHL debut.
Hudler started the season really strong, recording a point in nine straight games. The Flames will need Hudler to continue his stellar play if they want to compete with the high-scoring Blackhawks tonight.
Saad started the season strong for the Blackhawks, but has since cooled off. The youngster has only two points over his last six games and will look to get back into the scoring column tonight.
Calgary Flames: Forward, Mike Cammalleri: 3 G, 3 A, 6 P
Cammalleri missed the first seven games of the season due to a hand injury. Now that he appears to be healthy, Cammalleri will look to get back to the 30-goal scorer he once was.
Tonight's game starts at 6:30 pm CT.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks (6-2-3) at Minnesota Wild (6-3-3)
- Chicago Blackhawks (5-1-2) at Florida Panthers (3-6-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks (3-1-1) at Carolina Hurricanes (2-2-2)
- St. Louis Blues (4-1-0) at Chicago Blackhawks (4-1-1)
- Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-0-0)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/13ck