The Chicago Blackhawks made Jonathan Toews' return home a happy one as they defeated the Winnipeg Jets 5-1. Although Toews didn't record a point, he played a solid game for his family and friends in attendance. It was the Blackhawks fourth line that sparked the team today, with Brandon Bollig leading the way with one goal and one assist. With the win, the Blackhawks move to 9-2-3, while the Jets fall to 5-8-2.
05:08 WPG GOAL: Tobias Enstrom (2) assisted by Matt Halischuk and Michael Frolik
09:58 CHI GOAL: Niklas Hjalmarsson (1) assisted by Marcus Kruger
00:54 CHI GOAL: Brandon Bollig (2) assisted by Marcus Kruger
02:41 CHI GOAL: Patrick Sharp (3) assisted by Marian Hossa and Nick Leddy
05:49 CHI GOAL: Nick Leddy (2) assisted by Andrew Shaw and Jeremy Morin
09:13 CHI GOAL: Ben Smith (2) assisted by Brandon Bollig and Duncan Keith
Here are some more notes from the game:
- The Blackhawks have now scored five or more goals in three straight games and in four of their last five.
- The Blackhawks had five different goal scorers this afternoon: Niklas Hjlamarsson, Brandon Bollig, Patrick Sharp, Nick Leddy, and Ben Smith.
- Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford appeared to injure himself in the first period, but got up and played the rest of the game. Crawford was exceptional, stopping 26 of 27 shots. Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec was pulled after allowing four goals on 14 shots. Pavelec was replaced by Al Montoya, who stopped 10 of the 11 shots he faced.
- Former Blackhawks Michael Frolik, Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien created several chances on the offensive end but couldn't beat Crawford. Frolik was the only of the three to record a point (an assist on Enstrom's goal).
The Blackhawks will now head back home where they will take on the Calgary Flames tomorrow night. That game will be played at 6:30 pm. CT
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Jonathan Toews is Coming Home to Winnipeg
- Chicago Blackhawks (8-2-3) at Winnipeg Jets (5-7-2)
- Jonathan Toews Nets Hat Trick as Chicago Blackhawks Win 6-5 Over Ottawa Senators
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Day Two Recap, Jonathan Toews Misses Scrimmages
- What Do Recent Signings Mean for Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/13bj