The Chicago Blackhawks are back at it again for their third game in four nights as they play host to the Ottawa Senators. The Blackhawks are coming off a dominant performance last night where they defeated the Minnesota Wild 5-1. The Senators come into this game losing three of their last four. This is the first of two meetings between the teams.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The newly assembled line of Brandon Saad, Brandon Pirri and Patrick Kane combined for six points last night and led the way for the Blackhawks. They will look to repeat their impressive performance.
- Blackhawks forward Michal Handzus will still be out of the lineup as he is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Blackhawks defenseman Sheldon Brookbank scored his first goal of the season last night. He will be back in the lineup tonight. Michal Rozsival will be a scratch.
- Forward Clarke MacArthur is back in the lineup for the Senators after sitting out a few days with an undisclosed injury.
Battle Between The Pipes
Khabibulin is getting the start for the Blackhawks tonight after Crawford started last night. Khabibulin gave up six goals in his last game and will look to put that performance behind him.
Ottawa Senators: Craig Anderson (4-3-2, 2.81 GAA, .920 SV%)
Anderson is taking on his hometown team and will look to dominate with family and friends in attendance. The Senators have struggled early on and could really use a big night from Anderson.
Players To Watch
Keith leads the Blackhawks blue line with seven points. Keith is coming off a strong performance offensively, but made a few defensive miscues last night. He will look to have a better all around game tonight.
Karlsson is amongst the best defensemen in the league. His offensive performance greatly impacts the game and the Blackhawks need to find him whenever he's on the ice.
Kruger has been moved around in the Blackhawks lineup and has played well. He also plays on the top penalty killing unit, an early weakness for the Blackhawks. Kruger will need to have a good game and help lead the charge on the PK unit.
Ottawa Senators: Forward, Milan Michalek: 4 G, 2 A, 6 P
Michalek hasn't had a strong start to the season and he needs to produce more for the team. With one point over his last four games, Michalek will look to get back on track tonight.
Tonight's game begins at 7 pm CT.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New York Islanders (2-0-1) at Chicago Blackhawks (1-1-1)
- Chicago Blackhawks (2-1-1) at Buffalo Sabres (0-4-1)
- Chicago Blackhawks (6-1-2) at Tampa Bay Lightning (5-3-0)
- St. Louis Blues (4-1-0) at Chicago Blackhawks (4-1-1)
- Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-0-0)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/134n