The Chicago Blackhawks put forth another high-powered offensive attack Tuesday night as they defeated the Ottawa Senators 6-5. The Blackhawks were led by Jonathan Toews, who notched a hat trick in the game and Andrew Shaw who added two more goals. The Senators had four different goal scorers. With the win, the Blackhawks now move to 8-2-3, while the Senators fall to 4-6-2.
06:54 CHI PPG: Andrew Shaw (2) assisted by Patrick Sharp and Duncan Keith
19:00 OTT GOAL: Milan Michalek (3) assisted by Bobby Ryan
06:51 OTT GOAL: Kyle Turris (2) assisted by Clarke MacArthur and Erik Karlsson
07:41 CHI GOAL: Marian Hossa (5) assisted by Jonathan Toews and Niklas Hjalmarsson
10:19 OTT GOAL: Joe Corvo (1) assisted by Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek
11:14 OTT GOAL: Mika Zibanejad (2) assisted by Kyle Turris and Clarke MacArthur
14:30 CHI GOAL: Jonathan Toews (5) assisted by Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa
01:20 CHI GOAL: Jonathan Toews 2 (6) assisted by Johnny Oduya
09:13 CHI GOAL: Jonathan Toews 3 (7) assisted by Brent Seabrook and Marian Hossa
14:10 CHI GOAL: Andrew Shaw 2 (3) assisted by Jeremy Morin
14:23 OTT GOAL: Zack Smith (3) unassisted
Here are some more notes from the game:
- Blackhawks Captain Jonathan Toews recorded a natural hat trick. It is Toews' third regular season hat trick. He has also had one in the postseason.
- After allowing four goals in just over 31 minutes, the Blackhawks pulled goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin in favor of Corey Crawford. Khabibulin made 18 stops, but let in some weak goals. That's 10 goals allowed in the last two games for Khabibulin.
- The Blackhawks started out slow, but seemed rejuvenated when Crawford came into the game. Crawford stopped 14 of the 15 shots he faced.
- Senators goalie Craig Anderson was back in his hometown to take on the Blackhawks. Anderson stopped 34 of the 40 shots he faced.
Be sure to check back here and follow us on social media for all the latest Blackhawks news and updates.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Ottawa Senators (4-5-2) at Chicago Blackhawks (7-2-3)
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Day Two Recap, Jonathan Toews Misses Scrimmages
- What Do Recent Signings Mean for Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane?
- Jonathan Toews Speaks Out on Drug Use in the NHL
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 6-5 in Overtime to Tampa Bay Lightning
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1353