In the first game of a home-and-home between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Minnesota Wild, it was the Wild who came out on top, winning 5-3. The Wild came out with more energy than the Blackhawks, but most importantly, they converted on their scoring chances. The Wild scored five goals on 25 shots, while the Blackhawks only scored three on 36 shots. The Blackhawks were also only 1-7 on the power play, a number that needs to get better going forward. With the loss the Blackhawks now fall to 6-2-3, while the Wild move to 6-3-3.
12:39 MIN PPG: Zach Parise (6) assisted by Ryan Suter
01:03 MIN GOAL: Kyle Brodziak (2) assisted by Marco Scandella and Matt Cooke
13:46 CHI GOAL: Bryan Bickell (4) assisted by Nick Leddy and Michal Rozsival
17:42 MIN GOAL: Jason Pominville (5) assisted by Mikael Granlund and Ryan Suter
09:18 MIN GOAL: Jason Pominville 2 (6) assisted by Mikhael Granlund
12:51 CHI PPG: Patrick Kane (6) assisted by Jonathan Toews and Brent Seabrook
15:39 MIN GOAL: Justin Fontaine (3) assisted by Mikko Koivu and Nate Prosser
19:30 CHI GOAL: Marcus Kruger (1) assisted by Brandon Bollig and Nick Leddy
Here are some more notes from the game:
- Blackhawks forward Bryan Bickell scored his fourth goal in the last four games. With one goal in each game, Bickell has definitely responded after being moved down to the third line.
- The Blackhawks have now allowed 11 goals in the last two games.
- For those who care about plus/minus, Patrick Kane was a -3 for the second straight game. He is now a -9 for the season.
- Brad Mills and Jeremy Morin played well in their debuts for the Blackhawks. Mills had five hits on the night and had a knack for finding the puck. Morin had four hits on the night, as well as a potential goal disallowed after teammate Andrew Shaw inadvertently got called for high-sticking upon review.
The teams will now head to Minnesota for the second game of a home-and-home. That game will be played on Monday at 7 pm. CT
Be sure to check back here and follow us on social media for all the latest Blackhawks news and updates.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Minnesota Wild (5-3-3) at Chicago Blackhawks (6-1-3)
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 6-5 in Overtime to Tampa Bay Lightning
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall 3-2 in Shootout to St. Louis Blues
- Chicago Blackhawks Give up Last Minute Goal, Fall 3-2 to the St. Louis Blues
- Chicago Blackhawks Fall to Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 in a Shootout, Make More Roster Cuts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1312