The Chicago Blackhawks are in Tampa Bay tonight to take on the Lightning. The Blackhawks are looking for their sixth win in seven games, while the Lightning have won five of their last seven. The two teams met earlier this season, with the Blackhawks blowing a two goal third period lead, only to lose in a shootout to the Lightning. The Blackhawks are hoping for a different outcome tonight.
Here are a few notes for tonight's game:
- In the team's first meeting this season, the Blackhawks held the Lightning without a shot in the first period, and out-shot them 39-16 for the game.
- Blackhawks forward Brandon Saad hasn't scored since his goal against Tampa Bay on October 5. The youngster will try to get back into the scoring column tonight.
- Blackhawks defenseman Michal Rozsival will be back in the lineup tonight. Sheldon Brookbank will be a scratch, while Michael Kostka is sidelined for 4-6 weeks with a lower-body injury.
- The Blackhawks have been outscored 10-3 in third periods this season, including blowing three 2-0 leads. If they get up early on the Lightning, they have to find a way to increase the lead.
- The Lightning activated defenseman Brian Lee off of IR. He is questionable for tonight's game.
Battle Between The Pipes
Khabibulin is getting his second start of the season against one of his former teams. The Lightning are a high-powered offense and Khabibulin will likely be tested often tonight.
Tampa Bay Lightning: Ben Bishop (5-1-0)
Players To Watch
Kane scored when these teams met earlier in the season. Held to only one point in his last four games, Kane will look to break out tonight against the Lightning.
Tampa Bay Lightning: Forward, Steven Stamkos: 5 G, 5 A, 10 P
Stamkos has eight points over his last five games and will try to keep his hot streak going tonight. Stamkos always seems to play well against the Blackhawks, recording two points earlier this season and notching two hat tricks against them over the course of his career.
Bickell has scored a goal in each of his last two games after starting the season slow. The Blackhawks will need Bickell to get back to his 2013 playoff form if they want to have a chance at repeating.
Purcell scored in the first meeting between the teams and has got off to a strong start to the 2013-2014 season. Although he's been held pointless in his last two games, Purcell has the ability to fill the stat sheet.
Tonight's game will begin at 6:30 pm CT.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Tampa Bay Lightning (0-1-0) at Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks Surrender Two Goal Lead, Lose 3-2 to Tampa Bay Lightning in Shootout
- Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-0-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks Open Their Season with a 6-4 Victory Over the Washington Capitals
- Chicago Blackhawks (5-1-2) at Florida Panthers (3-6-0)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12y7