The Chicago Blackhawks blew another 2-0 lead in the third period, but mustered out a victory as they defeated the Florida Panthers 3-2 in a shootout Tuesday night. With their mothers in attendance, the Blackhawks players seemed fired up early on, but let the game slip once again. Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp scored in the shootout for the Blackhawks, while the Panthers failed on their two attempts. The Blackhawks now move to 6-1-2 on the season, while the Panthers fall to 3-7-0.
Here are some notes from the game:
- This is the third time this season the Blackhawks have failed to hold on to a 2-0 lead in the third period (Tampa Bay and Carolina being the other two games).
- Jonathan Toews opened the scoring for the Blackhawks on the power play. Toews' goal was assisted by Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith. Keith made a spectacular pass to the Captain in front of the net for the redirection.
- Bryan Bickell scored his second goal of the season off a nice snap shot. Andrew Shaw and Niklas Hjalmarsson were credited with the assists.
- Tomas Fleischmann and Dmitri Kulikov scored for the Panthers in the third period. Both goals were even strength goals which came within less than three minutes of each other.
- Panthers goalie Tim Thomas left the game late in the third period with an injury. Jacob Markstrom came in to replace him and made a few stops.
- The Panthers had 27 blocked shots on the night. The Blackhawks blocked 13.
Be sure to check back here and follow us on social media for all the latest Blackhawks news and updates.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks Surrender Two Goal Lead, Lose 3-2 to Tampa Bay Lightning in Shootout
- Chicago Blackhawks Lose 4-3 as They Fall to the Pittsburgh Penguins in a Shootout
- Chicago Blackhawks Hold Off Carolina Hurricanes, Win 3-2 in Shootout
- Chicago Blackhawks Defeat Boston Bruins 3-1, Take 3-2 Series Lead in Stanley Cup Final
- Friday Faceoff: Who Will Lead the Chicago Blackhawks in Points for 2013-2014?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12v7