The Chicago Blackhawks are back in action tonight as they take on the St. Louis Blues in Chicago. The Blackhawks are seeking revenge after dropping the first meeting 3-2 to the Blues last Wednesday. The Blues are coming off their first loss of the season, whereas the Blackhawks are searching for their fourth win in a row. Tonight's game should be a hard fought battle and the outcome will likely be decided in the third period or later.
Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- The Blackhawks have been juggling with their lines the last few games and it seems to be working so far.
- Blackhawks defenseman Michal Rozsival has been battling an illness the last couple of days and looks to be out of the lineup tonight. Sheldon Brookbank will replace him tonight with Michael Kostka likely playing Saturday against Toronto.
- Blackhawks forward Brandon Pirri will be back in the lineup tonight. He has been rotating with Marcus Kruger at centre on the fourth line.
- Forward Magnus Paajarvi will make his season debut for the Blues tonight.
- Forward Maxim Lapierre will be out of the lineup for the Blues as he is awaiting discipline for his hit on San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle.
Battle Between The Pipes
Halak is coming off his worst outing of the season where he gave up four goals to the San Jose Sharks. Other than that, Halak has been pretty solid for the Blues so far, already beating the Blackhawks earlier in the season.
Players To Watch
Sharp got his first goal of the season Tuesday night, which was his 200th career NHL goal. He also scored the shootout winner, giving the Blackhawks the victory over the Carolina Hurricanes. Sharp continually puts shots on net and it's only a matter of time before they start going in more often.
Tarasenko comes into tonight's game scoring a goal in each of his last four games. He will try to push that total to five straight games tonight against the Blackhawks.
Chicago Blackhawks: Forward, Andrew Shaw: 0 G, 2 A, 2 P
Shaw hasn't lit up the stat sheet, but he continues to put together strong games. As one of the more energetic and aggressive players on the team, Shaw will try to provide a spark for the Blackhawks tonight.
St. Louis Blues: Forward, T.J. Oshie: 1 G, 3 A, 4 P
Tonight's game starts at 7 pm. CT
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-0-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks Give up Last Minute Goal, Fall 3-2 to the St. Louis Blues
- Chicago Blackhawks (3-1-1) at Carolina Hurricanes (2-2-2)
- Chicago Blackhawks Hold Off Carolina Hurricanes, Win 3-2 in Shootout
- New Season, New Banner, Same Goal for the Chicago Blackhawks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12o0