The Chicago Blackhawks (3-1-1) are in Carolina tonight to take on the Hurricanes (2-2-2). The Blackhawks are searching for their 2.500th win in franchise history, while the Hurricanes will try to defend their home ice and make the Blackhawks wait to reach that milestone. The Blackhawks are coming off a 2-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres, while the Hurricanes have dropped two consecutive games.
Here are a few notes for tonight's game:
- The Blackhawks have only trailed for a total of 4:57 all season. They will look to jump on the Hurricanes early.
- Forward Brandon Pirri made his season debut for the Blackhawks against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday. He was the odd man out during the morning skate and doesn't look to be in the lineup tonight.
- Defenseman Michal Rozsival will be back in the lineup for the Blackhawks tonight. Michael Kostka and Sheldon Brookbank will be out of the lineup.
- The Blackhawks appear to be healthy going into tonight's game, while the Hurricanes will be without goaltender Anton Khudobin (IR). Hurricanes forward Elias Lindholm is questionable with an undisclosed injury.
Battle Between The Pipes
Chicago Blackhawks: Corey Crawford (2-1-1)
Crawford is coming off a win over the Buffalo Sabres where he stopped 28 of 29 shots. He will look to carry that stellar performance over into tonight's game.
Carolina Hurricanes: TBD
Cam Ward is likely to get the start for the Hurricanes tonight, but it's not certain as the team was hoping to give him some rest. Justin Peters was called up from the AHL and could possibly start in net.
Players To Watch
Sharp has yet to find the back of the net, but it's not like he hasn't had the opportunities. His 18 shots on net are tied for second on the team. Sharp's wife recently gave birth to the couple's second child, a baby girl named Sadie. Sharp will look to play inspired tonight and get his first goal for his new baby daughter.
Carolina Hurricanes: Forward, Jeff Skinner: 2 G, 5 A, 7 P
Bickell signed a four year, $16 million contract in the offseason after a strong showing in last year's postseason. Bickell has yet to make a big impact on the scoreboard and it is just a matter of time.
Carolina Hurricanes: Forward, Alexander Semin: 1 G, 0 A, 1 P
Semin has struggled to start the season, only scoring one goal. Once a 40 goal scorer with the Washington Capitals, Semin is more than capable of lighting the lamp.
Tonight's game begins at 6 pm CT.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- The Chicago Blackhawks Withstand Winless Sabres En Route to 2-1 Victory
- Chicago Blackhawks (2-1-1) at Buffalo Sabres (0-4-1)
- Chicago Blackhawks Win 3-2, Hand New York Islanders Their First Regulation Loss
- Tampa Bay Lightning (0-1-0) at Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-0-0)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12kn