The Chicago Blackhawks are in Buffalo tonight to take on the winless Sabres. The Blackhawks are coming off a 3-2 win over the New York Islanders last night, while the Sabres have yet to win a game this season. Tonight is a prime example of a trap game for the Blackhawks. No matter what the Sabres' record is, they can't afford to overlook them. They still have a talented team, along with one of the better goaltenders in the league. The Blackhawks will need to continually put pressure on the Sabres throughout the night.
Here are a few notes for tonight's game:
- Blackhawks Captain Jonathan Toews has scored a goal in each of his last two games. He will look to continue that trend tonight.
- The Blackhawks continued to mix their lines up throughout last night's game and it paid off. It will be interesting to see what Coach Joel Quenneville does tonight.
- The Blackhawks penalty killing unit finally put together a good game as they stopped the Islanders from scoring with the man advantage last night. They will need to have another good performance tonight against a Sabres team that doesn't overly excel on the power play.
- Forwards Ville Leino and Corey Tropp, along with defenseman Henrik Tallinder are all questionable for the Sabres tonight. Defenseman Alexander Sulzer will make his season debut, with Mike Weber being a healthy scratch.
- The Blackhawks recalled forward Brandon Pirri from Rockford last night after the game and sent down forward Jimmy Hayes. It is unknown whether Pirri will be dressed tonight, or if Ben Smith will take his place.
Battle Between The Pipes
Chicago Blackhawks: Corey Crawford (1-1-1)
Crawford had the night off last night as Nikolai Khabibulin got his first start of the season. Crawford should be well rested for tonight's game.
Miller is one of the better goalies in the NHL, but hasn't had a chance to prove it so far this season. He has also been battling a groin injury, but it looks like he will get the start tonight against the Blackhawks.
Players To Watch
Chicago Blackhawks: Defenseman, Niklas Hjalmarsson: 0 G, 4 A, 4 P
Hjalmarsson is tied for the most points on the Blackhawks with four. Not only is he contributing on offense, but he is getting it done on defense as well. Hjalmarsson is already proving that he is worthy of the new contract he signed in the offseason.
Vanek lead's the Sabres in scoring and is a threat every time he touches the puck. Vanek did not participate in the Sabres' morning skate but if he plays, he will look to bring his best tonight against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Hossa has been relatively quiet so far this season. Still playing wing on the second line, Hossa will try to break out tonight against a struggling Sabres team.
Myers is off to a terrible start this season. He hasn't registered a point and he currently has a -7 rating. The 6'8 defenseman will have his hands full against a speedy Blackhawks lineup, but a good performance tonight could get Myers on track for the rest of the season.
The game will begin at 7 pm CT. tonight.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks Win 3-2, Hand New York Islanders Their First Regulation Loss
- Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-0-0)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (0-1-0) at Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks Close Out Their Preseason Tonight Against the Washington Capitals
- Chicago Blackhawks Get Ready to Take on Pittsburgh Penguins in Second Preseason Game
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12g5