The Chicago Blackhawks get ready to take on the New York Islanders tonight at the United Center in Chicago. The Blackhawks are coming off two disappointing losses, while the Islanders are coming off a 6-1 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes. Both teams are filled with young talent, which should lead to an exciting game.
Here are a few notes for tonight:
- The Blackhawks mixed up their lineup in practice and will go with the new lines tonight. Forward Marcus Kruger has moved up to the third line and will be alongside Brandon Saad and Andrew Shaw. Shaw is expected to take the face offs. Also, the fourth line will consist of Brandon Bollig, Joakim Nordstrom and Ben Smith. Jimmy Hayes has been the odd man out.
- Defenseman Michal Rozsival will be back in the lineup for the Blackhawks tonight. He is expected to be paired with Nick Leddy.
- The Blackhawks penalty killing unit has been a problem early on. The team was rotating forwards Michal Handzus and Joakim Nordstrom in the spot beside Marcus Kruger. It will be interesting to see who gets the bulk of the load tonight.
- Islanders forward Matt Moulson is a game-time decision as his wife just gave birth to a baby boy.
- Cal Clutterbuck will make his season debut for the Islanders, either replacing Moulson or rookie Brock Nelson
Battle Between The Pipes:
Chicago Blackhawks: Nikolai Khabibulin (0-0-0)
Khabibulin will make his first start of the season tonight. The 40 year old goaltender will be provided with a tough challenge against a fast and talented Islanders offense.
New York Islanders: Kevin Poulin (0-0-0)
Poulin will also be making his first start of the season and like Khabibulin, he will be tested early and often by a fast and talented offense.
Players To Watch:
Tavares finally found the back of the net on Tuesday as he scored twice against the Coyotes . Tavares is emerging as one of the best forwards in the NHL and will contend for the scoring title this season.
Chicago Blackhawks: Forward, Marcus Kruger: 0 G, 1 A, 1 P
Kruger has been moved up the third line and will try to create a spark. He will also try to carry the load on the penalty killing unit, being their only permanent forward on the first unit.
New York Islanders: Forward Josh Bailey: 1 G, 3 A, 4 P
Bailey is currently tied for third on the Islanders with four points. Bailey will be lined up across from Kruger at left wing on the third line. Whoever wins the battle between the two could possibly determine the outcome of the game.
Tonight's game will begin at 7 pm CT.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Chicago Blackhawks Give up Last Minute Goal, Fall 3-2 to the St. Louis Blues
- Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-1) at St. Louis Blues (2-0-0)
- New Season, New Banner, Same Goal for the Chicago Blackhawks
- Tampa Bay Lightning (0-1-0) at Chicago Blackhawks (1-0-0)
- Chicago Blackhawks Open Their Season with a 6-4 Victory Over the Washington Capitals
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12ef