The Chicago Blackhawks got back into the win column Friday night as they defeated the New York Islanders 3-2. The Blackhawks now move to 2-1-1 on the season, moving them up to third in the Central Division. Blackhawks goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin stopped 17 of 19 shots on his way to earning his first win of the season in his first game. Islanders goalie Kevin Poulin had a solid outing stopping 25 of 28 shots, but it wasn't enough to beat the Blackhawks this evening. The game was fast paced and entertaining. The players will have to rest up as each team has another game tomorrow night.
Here are a few notes from the game:
- Head Coach Joel Quenneville continued to switch his lines up throughout the night. Brandon Saad was moved to the first line, while Bryan Bickell was moved to the third line. Andrew Shaw was moved to second line center, while Michal Handzus was moved to the fourth line. It was a lot to keep track of, but it seemed to pay off for the Blackhawks as Handzus scored the game winner.
- Jonathan Toews also scored for the Blackhawks. It was Toews' second goal in the last two games.
- Forwards Josh Bailey and Kyle Okposo scored for the Islanders. Both goals came within a minute of each other late in the first period.
- Neither team was able to convert on the power play tonight as the Blackhawks were 0-4 and the Islanders were 0-2.
- Islanders forward John Tavares had three teeth knocked out during the game. It was reportedly the same three teeth that got knocked out in September. Tavares didn't miss a shift.
The Blackhawks are back at it again tomorrow night as the Buffalo Sabres come to town. The game will start at 7 pm. CT
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New York Islanders (2-0-1) at Chicago Blackhawks (1-1-1)
- Chicago Blackhawks Give up Last Minute Goal, Fall 3-2 to the St. Louis Blues
- Chicago Blackhawks Win 4-3, Hold Off Late Surge from Detroit Red Wings
- Chicago Blackhawks Lose 4-3 as They Fall to the Pittsburgh Penguins in a Shootout
- Andrew Shaw’s Overtime Goal Gives the Chicago Blackhawks 4-3 Victory Over the Washington Capitals
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12ew