The Chicago Blackhawks head to St. Louis tonight to take on the Blues. Both teams have yet to lose in regulation and will provide a tough matchup for each other. The Blackhawks are coming off a 3-2 shootout loss against the Tampa Bay Lightning. It never feels good losing in a shootout, but the loss hurts even more considering the Lightning were held without a shot until early in the second period. The St. Louis Blues enter tonight's game as one of the more impressive teams in the NHL. Their recent 7-0 win over the Florida Panthers displayed their complete dominance on both sides of the puck.
Here are a few notes for tonight's game:
- Blackhawks forwards Patrick Kane and Brandon Saad have both scored in each of the team's first two games. They will look to continue their hot streak to start the season.
- Forward Jimmy Hayes will be back in the lineup for the Blackhawks. He'll replace Ben Smith at right wing on the third line. Defenseman Sheldon Brookbank will also be in the lineup tonight, making his season debut.
- Both teams have been off since Saturday so they should have some fresh sets of legs on the ice.
- There are no reported injuries by either team.
Battle Between The Pipes:
Crawford hasn't had the greatest start to the season. He'll look to bounce back from two average performances against a St. Louis team who scored seven goals in their last game.
St. Louis Blues: Jaroslav Halak (2-0-0)
Halak has been one of the league's best goalies to start the season as he has stopped 47 of the 49 shots he's faced. Halak recorded a shutout on Saturday, but will likely to tested more often tonight against the high-powered Blackhawks offense.
Players To Watch:
Kane has got off to a strong start and the Blues certainly aren`t oblivious to his talent. Blues Head Coach Ken Hitchcock praised Kane`s abilities earlier today so you can imagine they will do everything in their power to contain him tonight.
St. Louis Blues: Defenseman, Alex Pietrangelo: 0 G, 3 A, 3 P
Pietrangelo is one of the league`s top defenseman. He will have the tough task of containing Chicago`s forwards tonight.
Nordstrom has been Michael Frolik`s replacement on the Blackhawks`penalty kill so far this season. Giving up four power play goals in their first two games, the Blackhawks will need a strong performance from Nordstrom tonight.
St. Louis Blues: Forward, Jaden Schwartz: 1 G, 2 A, 3 P
The third-line forward has got off to a hot start for the Blues and has provided them with another offensive weapon early in the season.
Tonight's game will begin at 7 pm CT.
Let's Go Hawks!
Follow us on Twiter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New Season, New Banner, Same Goal for the Chicago Blackhawks
- Chicago Blackhawks Surrender Two Goal Lead, Lose 3-2 to Tampa Bay Lightning in Shootout
- Preseason Game One Preview: Chicago Blackhawks Vs. Detroit Red Wings
- Chicago Blackhawks Close Out Their Preseason Tonight Against the Washington Capitals
- Chicago Blackhawks Get Ready to Take on Pittsburgh Penguins, Make More Roster Cuts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12ax