The Chicago Blackhawks dominated most of Saturday night's game. They out shot the Tampa Bay Lightning 39-16, while holding the Lightning without a shot until a minute into the second period. But it wasn't enough. After the Blackhawks took a 2-0 lead, the Lightning came storming back and tied it up, sending the teams to overtime. Overtime was played and nothing was settled so it was off to a shootout. After three rounds of shooters, it was the Lightning who came out on top to take the 3-2 victory on the night. Sure, the Blackhawks still recorded a point in the standings, but it hurts to let a game like that slip away.
Here are a few notes from the game:
- The Blackhawks penalty killing unit continues to be a cause for concern as the Lightning converted on their only power play attempt.
- Blackhawks forwards Patrick Kane and Brandon Saad found the back of the net for the second straight game. Both players have also showed a good all around game by helping out in the defensive end.
- Teddy Purcell and Martin St. Louis were the goal scorers for the Lightning.
- This was the second time the Blackhawks held a team without a shot in a period – the other coming in 1946 against the Detroit Red Wings.
- Ben Bishop got the win for the Lightning on his way to stopping 37 of 39 shots. Corey Crawford, who wasn`t tested often, stopped 14 of 16 shots for the Blackhawks and let in two goals during the shootout.
The Blackhawks (1-0-1) will now head to St. Louis as they take on the Blues on Wednesday, October 9.
Follow us on Twitter: @ChBlackhawks101
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Blackhawks101
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Tags: BEN BISHOP, Blackhawks, BRANDON SAAD, Chicago, Chicago Blackhawks, COREY CRAWFORD, Hockey, LIGHTNING, MARTIN ST. LOUIS, NHL, Overtime, PATRICK KANE, SHOOTOUT, TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/123x